Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Nearing the end of training

hello everyone, I am finally back from my shadow visit, which was WAY in the mountains in the north, with no reception of any phone service, and no computers....pole(sorry) if you tried to get in touch with me:) Today was a kind of big and important day for me! I have now found out where I will be living for the next 2 years-in the southern part of the country in a region called Iringa. Its cool and beautiful and I am surrounded by some of my favorite people. I am actually really lucky I think. I thought for a while they might place me all alone with no friends in sight....but its not that bad! maybe they do like the naughty girl.....:) Health: I have the verdict! I had pneumonia with a bacterial infection on top of it. The antibiotics got rid of the infection, but I'm still trying to get rid of the pneumonia. I have also contracted ring worm on my ankle-which, for those of you who dont know, is NOT ACTUALLY A WORM, why they call it that, i have no idea. It looks pretty nasty though. I took a picture for momento's sake. I figure, during training, I can get all my sicknesses out of the way,so when I go to site next week, hamna shida. No more probs. This week has been a blur, but an absolutely wonderful one! I have been super busy...studied for my final, took it Wed-Tuesday night, while I was trying to study I discovered the worlds smallest snake on my bathroom floor-think maybe 1" long and looking like a small worm...yet it had a toungue that stuck out and scales. we played with it a while, then stayed up late playing with my siblings(my friend Sly was over...his name really isn't sly, but we call him that b/c he just looks sly-esque). The test was easier than expected, after the test we celebrated with a game of football in the field I might have contracted rign worm in, then went home to pack, and headed to Mama P's hotel to stay in town together before catching the early bus to out shadow visit. Shadow is a time where all of us go to stay with various PCV's aroudn the country-my stay, like I said before, was up north in the most beautiful region! Cool breezes, nice days, gorgeous sunsets, waterfalls galore...I didn't want to leave. I got to see a class being taught, talked to the form 3 students about all sorts of things, from 9-11 to abortion to homosexuality to HIV/AIDS. They were so surprised to know that Aids was also a problem in the US. Its nice to know that I can help clear the air up a little and de mystify Americans and the US to some extent. I learned to cook some awesome pasta with spinach alfredo sauce on a kerosene stove, played soccer with some girls(girls empowerment is really important here), hiked 2 mountains, went to the market, and relxed a lot. I took some amazing pics that I can't wait to show all of you-give me some time, and I'll get a CD made and hopefully my wonderful boyfriend can put them online. I would really appreciate some letters and maybe a package or two(hint hint MOM AND DAD....I'm feeling neglected in a foreign country. How is it that Geoff has sent me practially 15 letters already, and you guys....ZERO!!!) I will be spending the next month preparing my home, meeting my community, planting a garden, getting my lessons ready...etc. So, thats about all from my end, love you and PLEASE WRITE!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanzaman said...

I'll send a couple of your skirts, t-shirts, pudding mix and gatorade mix within the week. I'll try to throw in a deflated rugby ball, but if not, I'll just bring one with me.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home