Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I am doing better

Well, I want to say thank you to all of you wonderful people that send encouraging words my way...I needed them and i loved them. As for my health, the final diagnosis, if I can even call it that, is still up in the air...according to this doctor here, I never had malaria, but I have a chest infection (I beleive this doctor more than any of the others...maybe b/c she tapped my chest, asked a lot of questions...and I hate to say this, but spoke my language!) and so now, i am on some antibiotics, waiting test results to see if I have TB or typhoid fever. I am hoping to go home(to morogoro) soon b/c I miss my family I miss my friends..and I miss knowing my surroundings! I have only been in my community for about 6 weeks, and yet, I do beleive its home. I know where places are, I know whats going on there...I know my neighbors, they know me.....familiarity is KEY!I know if I can get through this period of extreme boredom and loneliness, I will be fine...I am going to hang out with some PCV's that are taking off this weekend for different destinations around the world...so I will have company tonight! Not much else is new, I am feeling a little better-will let you all know more when I know more. And I have heard wind that my typing is not bad but atrocious....I DO have an excuse...the keys are sticky, and I am on a time budget...and I dont feel like taking time to fix it:) LOVE YOU ALL

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanzaman said...

UPDATE: Last I talked to Jenny, she is still taking some meds- but is feeling much better. She sounds like she is in good spirits. She had a lot to tell me, but my phone card ran out- so the next post should be interesting. She sounds upbeat, and fairly positive. All the encouragment she had from everybody must have helped. Good job everyone! :)

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home