Friday, September 22, 2006

In Africa, finally

NOTE: THESE ARE MY VIEWS AND NOT THE PEACE CORPS

I have never wanted to get off a plane more than I did this last time. Cramped leg space, followed by swollen legs and ankles(my cankles have now formed into non-existing ankles, reminds me of little Italian old ladies ankles), and bad veggie options.....Long waits in the airport.....but I made it. Read some of your comments ni my address book-made me laugh! you guys are great! So, we have been riding in these cool vans that drive around manically-British style-and i will say, my life is most definatley in the hands of my driver. The roads here remind me a little of Haiti and a lot of Iquitos, Peru(just a lot bigger and more like a city). Food so far is OK, we take bucket baths with cold water, but b/c its so humid, you dont really realize that its cold-more refreshing. Mosquitos are SO BAD-MN, you have NOTHING in comparison! Since today is the first day I have seen in the daylight, I am still absorbing. so far: LOTS of colors, lots of people, crazy traffic, lots of stares....interesting music.....but more to see, right? Not a lot of time, so I love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanzaman said...

Jenny is in Dar es Salem now, and will be in Ngorogoro very soon for her 3 month training seesion.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home