Friday, September 29, 2006

Hey everybody.....
My internet time is very limited, so this is quick...

I LOVE my host family, I love the town I'm in...my group is the furthest out of Morogoro than all other PC groups. I get to ride a bike to school, eat at school-rice/beans/veggies...my language skills in kiswahili are most impressive for being here 5 days. Guess thats what happens when that is all you hear:) Fun things about my life here: I take a bucket bath everymorning-with hot water...I'm actually enjoying taking a bucket bath, which is very different than what I was expecting. The water tastes horrible(because its boiled it tastes like charcoal...)I am living in a household of mama/baba and 4 children and 2 relatives of sorts. They all speak enlgish beautifully which helps me with my swahili even more. I have my own bathroom-everyone else in the family shares one, which makes me feel a littl bad, but I am very lucky I guess. At the moemnt, I am having a fight with the misiwizi(ants). The live in the wood in the house and apparetnly want to share my room. Grrrrr.......Everyday I come home from school I am greeted by 4 small children running out for hugs "dada(sister)!" I have learned how to wash clothes by hand in buckets outside, how to 'mop' my floor and Sunday I will learn how to cook a few dishes. For now, this is all the time I have, more to come soon-I hope. I will be buying a cell phone next week, so Ill let you know about that later as well! Love you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanzaman said...

This blog is great Jenny, can you post pictures? I think we'd like to see that kitty of yours, the dolla dolla, and the view from your room etc. Talking to you on the phone sounds like you are making the most of your experience already. It just sounds like you in that situation is perfect, and like I thought there really can't be a better person to experience this than you. Keep going, you're gonna do so well!
--Geoff

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home