Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy turkey day

To honor the day, I will tell you my favorite quote: I am not a vegetarian because I love animals. I am a vegetarian because I hate plants! :)

Happy thanksgiving to all you Americans. It was odd being in a country where not many people had ever heard of thanksgiving.....I spent the morning swimming in the Indian ocean, looking for seashells and drinking tea by the coast. strolled through some stores, bought myself some amazing jewlery and then went for lunch at the ambassadors HUGE house! It was gorgeous! They had a piano-which of course I just ahd to try out-and an open bar-which I of course had to take advantage of- and a live band and MASHED POTATOES! We only could stay for a few hours b/c our training group had to go back home, but hey!~ We had a great time!

Dar was fun while we were there. We went out with the PCVs, exp[lored and ate some really great food(not beans and rice!!!!). Feeling a little tired today-need some recovery time from my vacation...thats a sin that it was a good time, eh?

This week we are preparing ourselves for moving-swearing in is next Wednesday afternoon, and then...I will be an official Peace Corps Volunteer. Can't wait to show off my hot and beautiful african style dress!!! I'll send pics when I have them.

I'll be at my new site by next Thursday I think-more info when I get it will be sent to you guys:) Love you and happy turkey day! eat a TON for me!

Jen

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanzaman said...

Happy thanksgiving Jenny, I hope you like your christmas present, I'll send it with the other stuff in the package.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Debo said...

Goaf keeps teasing me with stories of a letter from you, but I have yet to recieve it... I may be patially to blame, but don't tell him that, i'll return the love!!!

Dave

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home