Tuesday, February 13, 2007

back in Dar

Hello hello!

Back in Dar, yet again. I am a medical nightmare for the Peace Corps! I have some sort of weirdo lump on my ribcage....perhaps a boil? perhaps something else? if it doesn't "come to a boil" in the next few days, I get to have a byopsy....and if its nothing benign then who knows? maybe a trip somewhere to get it removed? I'll let you all know more when I know more. But PRAY that it isn't serious. I have just found my niche in my village, I have great project ideas and I am NOT ready to leave by any means what-so-ever.

This last weekend, I had a 'house-warming' party and invited the teachers in my school, neighbors and some of my wazungu(white people) friends in the area and we taught the Tanzanians to cook burritos. Although we had to use chapati(like pita bread sort of) instead of tortillas. They were delicious! homemade everything! we were supposed to kill a chicken-yes, the vegetarian WAS going to kill it herself!, but it didn't arrive until my guests were leaving on Sunday, and seeing as though I dont eat chicken, I gave it as a gift to my house girl. I dont think I have ever seen anyone so happy. Made me feel good.

In the village news, I now have a huge rat problem. six. let me repeat..SIX rats. HUGE. and I just moved my bedroom into the room that has no ceiling b/c I am turning the other room in my house into a classroom for the people I am teaching English. I go to my room the night before I leave for Dar and I see a rat ON MY BED! the size of a small cat and damn! it runs fast! Ran all over my room, so I decided to spend the night in my 'office'. they are probably taking over my house while I'm here...but little do they know that I am about to wage war as soon as I get back. its on!

Thats all for now! Over and out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Jenny,
I was reading and previewing your profile about your wonderful experience in Tanzania. I very much appreciate what you did for my people. I am wondering if at all we can meet. I am a young Tanzanian in the USA at WI. I am doing the same cause for children and doing a lot of presentations here in Wisconsin. If you can contact me it will be real great.
rmaanga@gmail.com

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home